Would you like to discover the volcanic and rocky underwater world of Gran Canaria without getting wet? The Gran Canaria Submarine Adventure in Puerto de Mogán takes you on an exciting 40 minutes journey to the bottom of the sea off the southern coast.
Gran Canaria Submarine includes:
- 40 min – Submarine Excursion
- Air-conditioned environment
- Free Headphones
- Audio information in 9 languages
- Bus Service for indicated areas
- Dive certificate for Children
Gran Canaria Submarine Ticket Overview
- Duration: 40 min
- Printed or Mobile Ticket
- Instant confirmation
- Free Cancellation up to 24h before activity start
You can reserve your activity with a deposit and pay the rest at the start of the activity. Paying the full amount online saves you time as you only need to present your ticket.
Prices & Rules:
- MUST: Ability to climb ladder alone
- Adult (13+) – From 31.50 €
- Child (2 -12) – From 16.00 €
- Arrive 20 min earlier
- Capacity: 44 people
- Active 7 days per week
- Morning: 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00
- Afternoon: 14:00, 15:30, 16:20, 17:10
- Check-In: 20 minutes prior to departure
What You Should Know:
- Air-conditioned environment
- Depth of the excursions is 25 meters
- Oxygen reserves for 72 hours
- No pressure change
- Priority boarding for pregnant women, children & disabled
- 100% safe for everyone
- Environmentally friendly electric motors
- 2 Pilots
- Meeting Point: End of Harbour
- Puerto de Mogán
- Buslines: 1, 32, and 33
- Paid Parking in the harbour possible
- Paying 100% is possible
- Reservation with Deposit is possible
- Full refund for cancellations 24 hours before activity start
- This activity is weather dependent
- Full refund in case of cancellation due to bad weather and extremely bad visibility
Gran Canaria Submarine Adventure – Description
The journey takes you to an area where you will see two authentic sunken ships and the new artificial reef, which now has become a natural habitat for many new species in the area. The Gran Canaria Submarine Adventure takes about 40 minutes.
Large portholes and monitors provide for a quite interesting trip. Recordings in English, German and Spanish explain everything what can be seen on the seabed and how the submarine functions.
The Artificial Reef
The reef has been in the planning for decades, but finally in 2015 Atlántida SL constructed and fitted the first massive object on the seabed, continuing with their project until its finalisation in June 2018.
The artificial reef has been built for two reasons: First to attract new sea-life off the coast of Mogán and with it create an marine investigation zone. And second, the intention to make the area more interesting for submarine explorers, snorkelers, divers and dive-schools. The idea is to make people more conscientious about the urgent need to protect the marine habitat.
Gran Canaria Submarine – Puerto de Mogán
The yellow submarine Golden Shark, is located in the harbor of Puerto de Mogán, the south-west coast of Gran Canaria. It is docked exactly opposite the harbor master’s office, at the very end of the pier, almost next to the small lighthouse. In the winter time you can even drive all the way onto the pier, and enter the paid parking area.
Who is Allowed on the Yellow Submarine?
Anyone who can climb up and down the narrow ladder of the yellow submarine is allowed on. The safe ride with Submarine Adventure takes its guests to a depth of 25 meters.Be aware, there is no bathroom on the submarine, so make sure to visit the toilet before the trip.
The atmospheric conditions on board are completely regulated, there is no pressure change. This makes this excursion so ideal for children who are usually not yet able to make a pressure balance and for people who are not able to dive and snorkel because of ear problems.
Also pregnant, non-swimmers, people with hearing problems or heart problems are allowed to take part. Enjoy the ride!
What People Say
[grw place_photo=”https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipOHgfzQnupHGApj8SWXYmLrJX-piDFJhH2vfNm3=s1600-w300-h300″ place_name=”Submarine Adventure” place_id=”ChIJh_Ad9ZOAQAwROrC-ONh6VJA” pagination=”5″ text_size=”120″ refresh_reviews=true lazy_load_img=true reduce_avatars_size=true open_link=true nofollow_link=true view_mode=”list”]