What is an Off-Road Buggy Tour?
An off-road buggy tour is a type of experience tour where participants drive a special type of vehicle known as an off-road buggy. These buggies are designed for off-road use and have sturdy suspension systems, high ground clearance, and powerful engines.
During an off-road buggy tour, participants drive the buggies along rugged trails, dirt roads, and off-road tracks. These tours are usually led by experienced guides who provide safety instructions and guide the group along the route. Along the way, participants can enjoy the beautiful scenery, including mountain ranges, forests, and other natural landmarks.
The Best Buggy Tours in Gran Canaria
There are several buggy tours available in Gran Canaria, each with its own unique features and attractions. Here are some of the best buggy tours in Gran Canaria:
- Buggy Pirates Tour: This tour takes you on an fantastic ride through the beautiful valleys and hills of Maspalomas and Ayagaures. You’ll drive your own buggy through dirt tracks and see stunning views of the coastline. At the end of the tour you can also try a little off road skidding on a sand track, if you dare.
- Buggy Adventure Tour Bahia Feliz: This tour is perfect for adrenaline junkies. You’ll drive through rugged terrain and experience the thrill of off-roading in a buggy. This tour starts near Bahia Feliz. But you can be picked up at your holiday accommodation like in all the buggy tours.
- Family Buggy Tours Gran Canaria: (NEW!): Here you have a choice of two, three & four Seater. This tour takes you on a scenic drive through the valleys and mountains of Gran Canaria. You’ll see amazing views of the island’s rugged landscape and visit a traditional Canarian village. This is the ideal tour for families as kids are allowed to participate.
- Buggy Safari Tour: This tour takes you on a safari-style adventure through the natural parks and forests of Gran Canaria. This tours starts and ends in Playa del Inglés. For adrenaline junkies, this tour operator also has an offer of combining the Buggy Tour with a 1-hour Jet-Ski safari. Great deal!
- Anfi Buggy Tour: This is the only tour which actually starts and ends in the Mogán district. Meeting point is at Anfi Beach. Here you will be able to explore the hills, valleys and the views of the south western coastsline between Arguineguin and Puerto Rico.
Overall, each of these buggy tours in Gran Canaria offers a unique and exciting way to explore the island’s beautiful scenery. It’s important to book in advance and check each tour’s availability, prices, and requirements. Especially in the summer the demand is very high and can be fully booked sometimes 5 days in advance.
How long is an Off-Road Buggy Tour?
Off-road buggy tours can range in length from two to three hours, depending on the tour operator and the specific itinerary. Some tours may include stops at scenic lookout points or local attractions, while others may focus more on the driving experience itself.
The Types of Off-Road Buggies
There are several types of buggies available for use in buggy tours. Here are three examples:
- Two-seater buggies:
These are the most common type of buggy used for buggy tours. They are designed to seat two people, with one person driving and one person as a passenger.
- Three-seater buggies:
These buggies are designed to seat three people, with one person driving and two passengers.
- Four-seater buggies:
These buggies are designed to seat four people, with one person driving and three passengers.
In addition to the different seating capacities, some buggies also have windshields and roofs. These features can provide protection from the elements and make for a more comfortable driving experience.
Requirements for the Buggy Tour
For normal buggy tours, passengers usually need to be at least 1.35cm in height and some require children to be 12 years old to participate. The maximum weight limit for participants is usually around 135 kgs. Additionally, taller individuals may not have enough leg space in the buggies.
However, buggies with roofs and windshields often have special child seats, and children as young as 1 year old can participate. These buggies also provide better protection from the elements, making them a more comfortable choice for families with young children.
It’s important to note that a full B driving license is necessary to participate in buggy tours. Some buggy tour providers may also require the driver to have held their driving license for a minimum of 5 years. It’s always a good idea to check the requirements with the tour operator before booking.
Overall, buggy tours are a thrilling experience activity that can be enjoyed by a wide range of individuals and families. With various types of buggies and tour options available, there’s sure to be a tour that suits your needs and preferences.
Should I book the Gran Canaria Buggy Tour online?
Well, the best buggy tours in Gran Canaria are always booked up especially in high seasons. So, we totally recommend that you book online for that reason alone. But there are more reasons you need to consider:
- You want to browse through the different options and find the one most suitable for you.
- You want to compare prices and conditions.
- If you need pick up, it needs to be arranged at least 24 h in advance.
- You can reschedule and all offer 100% refund from 24 to 48 h in advance.
- You can assure your space on your desired time and date.
Tell us what you think
Tell us what you think! We would love to know. You can leave your comments below.
More from our Blog:
Our Latest Posts
Our Popular Pages:ACTIVITIES – What to Do in Gran Canaria
Hi, I am Judith, the founder, author, translator and coffee girl of the GRAN CANARIA REGIONAL Guide.
The Gran Canaria Regional BLOG offers a platform for bloggers to write about Gran Canaria. This article represents the personal opinion and impression of the author. We like to offer a wide range of opinions and impressions to our readers. Do you have any suggestions for this article, did you notice an error? Do you have Canarian recipe you need to share? Would you also like to write about Gran Canaria? Please contact us here.